RENTON, WA – April 4, 2019 – D&D Live 2019: The Descent will be a celebration of the Dungeons & Dragons community as they gather to learn about the latest storyline through an immersive entertainment experience. Following last year’s award-winning Stream of Many Eyes, this year’s D&D event will give fans in Los Angeles the chance to play through an epic adventure designed to plunge players into a captivating story. The three-day extravaganza will include a sneak-peak at upcoming products, signings with D&D luminaries, musical performances, unique giveaways, tons of amazing cosplay and of course a whole bunch of twenty-sided dice rolling critical hits! Check out dnd.wizards.com/dndlive2019 for more information on guests, badges and programming schedule.
Fans around the world can tune in to twitch.tv/dnd starting at 4:00pm PT on Friday, May 17 to watch D&D Live 2019: The Descent for new product unveils and our cast of all-stars playing Dungeons & Dragons live. In addition to the main channel, D&D community YouTubers, streamers, podcasters and other D&D personalities have been invited to share their original content from four mini-studios on Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19.
On Friday and Saturday night, performers like Matthew Lillard, Mica Burton, Anna Prosser, Patrick Rothfuss and Dungeon Masters Chris Perkins, Jeremy Crawford and Kate Welch will play a two-part D&D story in front of a live audience on the main stage. A rock concert celebration featuring and directed by Chris Funk from the Decemberists will close out the weekend on Sunday, May 19 at 6pm PT live on twitch.tv/dnd.
A limited number of 3-day badges for D&D Live 2019: The Descent will go on sale for $300 on April 9 at 10am PT. Here’s everything you get with a 3-day badge:
· Witness the unveiling of the new D&D storyline on Friday evening, live from the studio audience
· Play a 3-hour session of a D&D Adventurers League Epic previewing elements from the new storyline on Saturday or Sunday
· Grab a D&D swag bag including merch from D&D partners and an advance copy of Ghosts of Saltmarsh
· Watch D&D played live by the biggest D&D personalities in the studio audience on Friday and Saturday nights
· Mingle with D&D partners & other characters in the story-themed marketplace area & participate in the cosplay storyline interspersed throughout the event
· Catch the live music performance celebrating D&D from artists assembled by Chris Funk on Sunday night to close out D&D Live 2019: The Descent
Join the fun at #DnDLive2019 in character, maybe come dressed in a costume of a favorite tiefling warlock, an elven bard, or come as you are! An improvised story led by cosplay performers could result in some exclusive loot if you complete the quest. Gourmet food trucks, exclusive D&D swag you can’t get anywhere else, plus the chance to interact with D&D game designers, artists and performers round out the weekend-long celebration of Dungeons & Dragons at D&D Live 2019: The Descent!
Download wallpaper of the art for The Descent created by Fiona Staples (Saga) here!
For more information including details on D&D partners, luminaries, and performers coming to D&D Live 2019: The Descent head to dnd.wizards.com/dndlive2019! More details on additional guests and D&D groups will be coming soon!